Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Projects for baby: part 2

We painted the room an apple green. Then I went back with a projector and projected the image of these leaves on the wall and painted them. They turned out great, it took 2 coats of paint but it was well worth the time it took.

I also sewed the curtains for the room. I hate how much curtains cost. Also baby room curtains are too kid for me. I wanted something neutral that could stay in the room for a long time as the kid grows or the room becomes something else.
The valence is made of a brown ticking stripe and the drape/sheers are made of a natural colored muslin.

I searched for a very long time for a small book shelf for the room that didn't have sharp edges or that was too big. I knew I was going to have to make something I just didn't know what it was for a long time. I finally settled on baskets. I had one and only had to buy 3 more. I just zip tied them together on the inside and back in a couple of places and it is more than sturdy enough to hold books and toys.
It's also great that it is completely reversible when it is no longer needed as a book shelf.


No comments:

Post a Comment